Click to set custom HTML
The class listing for the Fall 2022 semester will be posted mid-September!
In-person classes will begin September 30, 2022. Virtual classes will begin the week of October 3, 2022.
The Step-Up Enrichment Program at Saint Vincent College is a program open to all families who are actively home schooling or cyber schooling children in grades PreK - Grade 12. Home study students may choose to participate in as many as three enrichment courses designed and taught by college students who are enrolled in the teacher certification program and supervised by faculty. During the Fall 2022 semester, the in-person courses will be held Friday afternoons on the campus of Saint Vincent College, while the virtual courses will be facilitated online via Zoom and other interactive tools. Each course consists of eight weeks of weekly instruction of approximately 55 minutes. All courses, both in-person and virtual, will be engaging with collaboration and social interaction as part of each course.
We seek to provide. . .
- a unique and exciting opportunity for home schooled and cyber schooled students to interact with other students who share common interests.
- an opportunity for home schooled and cyber schooled students to transition into college classroom settings and reduce anxiety when planning for college.
- pre-service instructors the chance to teach the courses in a required field experience. These college students hold a 3.0 GPA or higher, and must have criminal and child abuse clearances before entering into a classroom.
- home schooled and cyber schooled students the opportunity to choose courses specifically designed to meet their interests while meeting curriculum requirements.
- Offer assistance and support to home-school families in meeting instructional needs to meet requirements for their specific curricular goals.
- Encourage a collaborative learning experience through group projects with other home-schooled and cyber schooled students in the area.
- Enrich the learning experience of nontraditional students through a variety of interesting enrichment units taught by college students in the field of education who aspire to be teachers.